theinstoregroup.com | Matthews, NC
Business Model: Merchandising
CEO: Tom Palombo
Labor Model: Contractor/1099
Jobs: InStore Group Opportunities
By TruSpec
They hired me today as a contractor. What I thought was odd, no background check or even a phone interview. I had applied to their site and they sent me a survey to fill out and the next thing I know I have my Natural Insight employee number and hiring forms in the email to fill out and send back. Jobs appear to range from prepaid card resets to Cracker Barrel jobs to POP installation at grocery stores. Small 1-2 hour gigs. I saw a lot of bad reviews on Indeed and Glassdoor but will still test the waters myself. I don't mind the small gigs since I have other companies I can combine routes with.
Admin liked this
By Indus
TruSpec wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:37 pm They hired me today as a contractor. What I thought was odd, no background check or even a phone interview. I had applied to their site and they sent me a survey to fill out and the next thing I know I have my Natural Insight employee number and hiring forms in the email to fill out and send back. Jobs appear to range from prepaid card resets to Cracker Barrel jobs to POP installation at grocery stores. Small 1-2 hour gigs. I saw a lot of bad reviews on Indeed and Glassdoor but will still test the waters myself. I don't mind the small gigs since I have other companies I can combine routes with.
I heard they are doing pre-paid and gift cards as well? A friend in TX said they were doing them at HEB but that was a while ago. I really like the gift card type jobs, they are quick, simple and profitable.
Admin, TruSpec liked this
I also have been working for them for awhile now, 2 or so years. I've never had a problem with them and they always get back to me right away. It is mostly stocking and/resetting gift cards in stores, at least that's all I've had for them. They do gift card displays for Wakefern which is Shoprite, they do 7-11s and a few others I forget at the moment exactly what others. The pay isn't all that great, it's one set rate. I do Shoprite and they give you 2 hours but currently cut down to 1.5 hours due to holiday traffic and your pay rate is set for that allotted time so don't go over if you don't have to. Not sure where your at but if you do grocery stores gift cards, since they also have gift cards at the registers if you do a store with really heavy traffic consistently throughout the day the best time to do that store is the minute they open otherwise you'll find yourself waiting for customers to move out of your way. One thing I don't like is how often they change your district manager, in 2 years I've had 6 different district managers so far so don't get comfortable with one because when you start to you'll find an email with an new district manager assigned to you.
Admin, TruSpec liked this
By TruSpec
Well so far I have only done one job. It was doing a jewelry reset thing for Amanda Blu at Cracker Barrel. And even though I arrived within the required window of time, that place was packed! Not a good spot where they keep their two fixtures. Right where the customers are trying to order a table. Would have been much easier if they had let me take the fixtures in the stock room and work and then put them back. The job said 1 hour but it took me 2 hours. Maybe because it was my first time. Still waiting on my pay but I have accepted 3 more jobs doing what looks like an audit for Wisconsin Cheeses at gas stations.
As for the DM's, yep they have already hired a new one shortly after I started!
Admin liked this

One Year International Warranty 100% Guaranteed Lo[…]